Have you been recently engaged and interested to have the wedding in Bali?
Are you struggling to find the best wedding planning options that fit your budget?
If your answer to either of these questions is yes, you’re on the right page.
With its rich culture and pleasant climate, your wedding will be absolutely perfect here in Bali. Since this island also has a massive abundance of stunning wedding villas, wedding venues, swanky hotels, and resorts- you’ll be spoilt for choices.
But how much does a Bali wedding cost and how does different venue can affect your budget? Let’s explore.
So.. what can you expect to spend?
When it comes to calculating the cost of a wedding in Bali, the sky can be the limit. You can have a modest wedding from $1,500 or have a swanky one at a whopping $50,000.
However, if you are planning your wedding in a resort, a private villa, or a chapel, the cost might significantly increase. In this case, it can start from $2,000 to $3,000 and go up to $10,000 to even $40,000!
Since you’ll find every type of wedding in Bali at every possible price point, comparing the options will be easier.
If you’re still unsure, here are the most common types of weddings in Bali.
Let’s dig a little bit deeper…
Estimated cost: $1,000 – $6,000
If you’re looking forward to a simple and modest wedding, a beach wedding is one of the best ways to go ahead. These weddings are simple and yet incredibly romantic.
Since the location is usually on one of the iconic beaches of Bali, you get some incredible pictures at these weddings. However, most beach weddings don’t turn out to be a private affair as the beaches in Bali are still public.
To avoid disappointment, always do research or ask your wedding planner about the privacy of the beach venue.
Also, if you’re getting a beach wedding on the island, there’s a high probability that the wedding will be the part of an existing resort or restaurant.
These weddings usually start at $1,000 and can go up to a whopping $3,000. This way, you can personalize your options and get the kind of wedding you want. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of this wedding.
- Simple and convenient ceremony.
- Set amid a beautiful, romantic backdrop.
- Compliment by beautiful sunset in some areas.
- The wonderful beaches are ideal for wedding photographs.
- Beaches that not part of luxury resort or restaurant are extremely save your wallet.
- In Bali, all beaches are public areas. Keep in mind that a beach wedding can theoretically never be 100% private. Beware of vendors promising a “private beach wedding”.
- The wedding can be sabotaged if the weather isn’t in your favor (in case of showers).
- These weddings are often parts of an existing restaurant, which again compromise on your privacy.
- Beaches that part of luxury resort or restaurant can be pricy if you wish to have reception as well. This is because the price of food and beverages are resort’s standard.
- Beaches that are not part of resort don’t have proper preparation room.
- The climate can be too warm for your guests.
Estimated cost: $1,500 – $5,000
If you’re looking for a romantic and intimate affair with your partner and a few close friends and family members, an elopement wedding might be the best option for you.
Ideal for its simplistic appeal, these weddings are convenient and yet extremely romantic. What’s more, you’re not limited to any specific options here.
Since there’ll be fewer guests, you can always spend more on the resort or the hotel. This way, you have several options to pick from.
One of the biggest benefits of the elopement wedding is that they do not involve extensive planning. This way, you get to enjoy the wedding of your dreams minus the sleep-deprived nights of endless planning.
So, whether it’s a last-minute wedding or you’re seriously looking to reduce unnecessary costs on your special day, this is one of the best ways to go ahead.
- Elopement wedding is a truly romantic, private and intimate affair.
- It involves a smaller guest list (involving 1 to 30 guests)
- It doesn’t involve much planning.
- You get to choose from plenty of resorts and hotels.
- Extremely cost-efficient and can be combined with your honeymoon.
- Ideal for last-minute weddings.
- It doesn’t involve any event permits.
- Since it’s a private and small affair, you cannot invite everybody.
- DIY elopement weddings can be expensive. So, if you’re looking to cut down on costs, it is best to settle with an Bali elopement wedding package.
Estimated cost: $2,000 – $9,000
Most resorts in Bali can be booked from a starting price of $2,000. The price can also go up to $9,000 depending on the number of guests, type of resort, and your catering requirements.
These weddings can be luxurious and it’s also easier to book rooms for your family members and friends. This is, therefore, an ideal option for anyone who’s looking to enjoy a destination wedding in complete comfort.
Since the wedding takes place in a beautiful resort, you’re more likely to have a plan-B in case of heavy rainfall as most of these resorts come with an indoor venue.
Resort weddings also make way for excellent catering options. So, once you choose the resort, you no longer need to get an external catering vendor. A resort will manage the entire catering it on your behalf.
- The catering is handled by the resort representatives.
- You get to choose from multiple resorts at varying price-points.
- Resort weddings are ideal for hosting extensive, personal ceremonies.
- Most resorts also include indoor venues where it can be the plan B in case of pouring rain.
- With resort weddings, you’re able to get exclusive deals and discounts on group rate accommodations.
- Most resorts do not allow external caterers.
- Almost all resorts have a curfew time that may not sync with your preferred time.
- Dining and drinks in resorts can be expensive.
- You might have to pay a corkage fee if you’re planning to bring your own liquor.
- Since all resorts are deemed public spots, you may not get the kind of privacy you want.
Estimated cost: $3,000 – $10,000
If you look for a more ‘classy’ wedding, a Bali Chapel Wedding might be an excellent option. Luxurious and beautiful, these weddings are one of the most intimate affairs you’ll come across.
Another major perk of the chapel wedding is that most chapels are completely air-conditioned. Since Bali is a tropical location it can get very sweaty in the dry season.
So, if you have a wedding in the dry season, planning your wedding in a chapel is an excellent idea. Other benefits of these weddings include stunning architecture and picturesque views.
If you’re lucky, you get a beach-facing chapel, you can enjoy the fun of both beach and chapel weddings on the same go.
- Most chapels feature excellent architecture that adds to the aesthetics of a beautiful wedding.
- Chapel weddings make way for a luxurious experience.
- Since a large number of chapels are fully air-conditioned, they are ideal for a wedding on the warmer days.
- Beachfront chapels offer spectacular and picturesque views.
- Since some chapels are part of a resort, they may not be as spacious as you wish.
- With a chapel wedding, you’re often dealing with timeslots. This means the chapel is likely to host multiple weddings on the same day. This can make everything feel rushed.
Estimated Cost: $2,500 – $40,000
Ideal for anyone who’s looking for a fancier and more private route, a villa wedding is an outstanding choice for a wedding in Bali.
The most underlining feature of a villa wedding is perhaps the fact that they are a lot more private. Unlike resorts that are still public property, private villas offer you the convenience of a truly intimate wedding.
Compared with resort or hotel weddings, the catering is usually not included when you rent a villa. This often means you have to arrange the catering yourself.
Owners of Villas will not charge corkage fees, unless they have their own in-house team of catering. With a Bali Villa Wedding Package you usually have catering included.
If you’re interested in a private villa wedding and are looking to check how it compares to the other options, here’s an overview.
- It offers a truly intimate and luxurious experience.
- Extremely flexible in terms of themes, decoration, catering, and the curfew time.
- Villas do not usually charge a corkage fees.
- Private villa weddings offer a higher degree of privacy when compared to other weddings.
- The atmosphere is beautiful and scenic.
- You’re able to decide which vendors you’d love to hire, from high-end vendors to budget friendly vendors.
- Likely more expensive than the other options.
- Some villas might not as well maintained as the photos you see. (So, even when you’ve checked stunning photos, ask your wedding planner for their expert advice).
- Some villas are located in remote areas. This can make it difficult for your guests to reach the villa.
Should You Choose a Wedding Package?
A Bali wedding package is a very good idea when you choose decide to plan a wedding in Bali. Most wedding agencies offer better deals than regular resorts. What’s more, these weddings also have enough room for improvisation. This way, you can personalize the themes and choose the services you actually’ need.
Most wedding service agencies come with extensive industry experience and can offer assistance regarding catering, photography, decoration, makeup artists and more. Since the prices are predictable, you are fully prepared for the entire affair.
Note that wedding planning agencies offer great deals without compromising on the quality of service. This is primarily because they have an extensive track record with venues and their vendors.
If you are still unsure about the quality of the vendors, always make sure to ask about the vendors’ portfolios.
When Should You Go For a Wedding Package?
- When you and your partner do not want to waste time planning for the wedding.
- When you want a simple affair with ample options to customize.
- When you’re marrying at a short notice.
- When you’re looking for an outstanding ratio of quality and price.
To get started, see our Bali Wedding Package prices.
When Should You Avoid a Wedding Package?
- When you have every aspect of your wedding meticulously planned.
- When you’re not comfortable with package inclusions.
How to Save on a Wedding in Bali?
If you’re looking to save on costs for your wedding in Bali, here are some simple ways to achieve your goal:
- Since legal marriage is not necessary for Bali, you can entirely skip it.
- Note that alcohol is expensive in Indonesia due to the high ‘sin tax’. So, you can either skip alcohol or choose a package that includes alcohol in their package.
- Since catering is an important aspect, check the vendors properly or choose a catering-inclusive package.
- You can invite fewer people to reduce costs.
- Booking in off-seasons can also reduce your wedding costs.
Now that you’ve checked the top wedding options in Bali, wait no longer and make your pick! A Balinese wedding will be as modest or as expensive as you’d want.
So, all you need to do is explore your available options and pick the one that works best with your budget and individual requirements.